Energy Performance Certificates

Domestic Energy Assessor – Nick Robins –

On this page you will find useful information with a question and answer section and useful links relating to Energy Performance Certificates and how to make your home more energy efficient.

The page also explains who must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) and responsibilities under current government legislation.

You are also able to contribute to this page via the blog section. Nick Robins, our dedicated Domestic Energy Assessor will be regularly contributing information on how to make your home more energy efficient.

How to get an EPC

An EPC is required by law when a building is built, sold or put up for rent. If you are a landlord or homeowner and need to provide an EPC, you’ll need to contact our dedicated in house energy assessor Nick Robins. Nick will carry out the assessment and produce the certificate.

When you’ll be given an EPC

Buying a home

All sellers of homes need to ensure that they provide an EPC, free of charge to potential buyers.

Buying a newly built property

Buyers of newly built properties should receive an EPC, free of charge.

Renting a property

If you are interested in renting a property, the landlord must make an EPC available for you to see. However, you don’t need an EPC when you are thinking of just renting a room with shared facilities.

If you are not in one of the above categories

Even if you don’t fall into the above categories, you can still apply for and receive an EPC from our in house energy assessor. This may be because you want to know how energy efficient your home is, and make improvements suggested by the recommendation report. Read ‘Energy Performance Certificates – what they are’ to find out more about what an EPC contains.

Why not visit Nick’s blog. Nick will provide useful information on how to make your home more energy efficient including tips on where to find offers on insulation etc.

Further information about EPCs can be found at the following useful links:

Or you can contact Nick Robins direct at

How much is my home worth?

Letting guide

Sales guide

Find me a property