5 Top tips for preparing for your Move:
As a removal company with over 145 years’ experience we’ve put together our top tips for preparing for your house move to help you have a great move experience:
- Look for the BAR (British Association of Removers) badge – member removal companies are pre-vetted for quality and fair trading by the UK’s leading professional movers association.
- Make sure your mover has done a pre-move survey to fully understand your requirements and have given you a written quote and contract detailing the services they will provide and a clear, transparent price.
- Plan early, especially in peak periods of demand (like school holidays). You can book a pre-move survey, get a quote and provisionally book your move dates in advance to help you get ahead.
- Consider a packing service. This may not cost as much as you think and is very much worth your money to reduce the stress of your move, especially if you don’t have much time.
- Declutter ahead of the move. A big part of move cost is the volume you need to move so decluttering will keep costs down AND save you the headache of packing and unpacking things you don’t need!
Need some help with your move?
Bournes Moves provide a range of removals and storage services, tailored to your personal needs. Our experience, knowledge and the personal service of our friendly team help you with a smooth, stress free move.
- Family run since 1875
- Which? Trusted Trader and BAR member
- Security vetted, uniformed, professionally trained crews
- Dedicated move manager
- Fixed quote with no hidden surprises
Contact us to discuss your move plan and for a free, no obligation survey and quote.
Leon Bourne – Sales Manager